Sunday, June 28, 2009

Historical Tweets, Medieval- and Tudor-Style

As some of you might know, there's a website called Historical Tweets. Here are a few of my own contributions to this worthy endeavor. Have you got some? (Messages have to be 140 characters or less.)

Edward II:
Found someone to fill the void in my heart. Hugh’s OK with the rowing too. Wonder if anyone would fuss if I gave him some land in Wales.

Isabella:
Going to France to spend some time with the family and make a few business contacts. Sweet!

Edward IV:
Waiting for Hastings to show up with yet another widow wanting me to help her with her dower rights. Yawn. Will get rid of her quickly.

Richard III:
Those pesky bastards are out of the way, the northerners just can’t get enough of me, and Anne and the kid are fine. Yeah! I’m the man!

Henry Tudor:
Getting ready to go to England. Love Mum but wish she wouldn’t keep nagging me to bring lots of warm clothes and raingear. It's August!

Thomas More:
Really getting fed up with the Richard III book; think I’ll start another project. Agent says there’s not that much interest in him anyway.

12 comments:

Kit moss said...

Brilliant as always!

Kit moss said...

Aethelflaed: Mercia! Mercia! Mercia! That's all Ethelred ever talks about.

Thomas à Becket: Not doing much, just saying mass, hanging out. Who's that at the door?

John Lackland: Time to change laundries... they lost all my treasures in the The Wash!

Anerje said...

Very funny! Particularly like the Edward IV 'tweet'!

STAG said...

The Wash....

snicker....

Susan Higginbotham said...

Thanks, Nan & Anerje. Nan, yours are great too! Loved the Becket one.

STAG, thanks for stopping by!

Kathryn Warner said...

Great stuff! Love the Richard III one.

Lucy said...

Oh Susan- I've got to visit this place- sounds lie a riot! Love your post (as usual:)

Joansz said...

Love the Thomas More tweet--the real reason he abandoned the project. *LOL*

Carla said...

I like Thomas More :-)

Joansz said...

Followed your link and couldn't stop laughing at Life's a 'Tweet in Teheran: "thx @gwBush those "how to steal and election" memos worked like a charm.

Joansz said...

And to show you what a nerd I am, I'm rotflmao at this one from Fermat: Found truly marvelous proof that xⁿ + yⁿ = zⁿ has no solutions for n>2, but 140 characters is to little to contain it.

Susan Higginbotham said...

Thanks, ladies! Joan, love the Bush one!